Traditionally business consulting is considered to be a privilege of big business. This is due to the high cost of consulting firms. Consulting contributes to improved productivity in big businesses. The Entrepreneurship Empowerment in South Africa Programme (ESSA) seeks to enable small businesses to also enjoy the same business consulting privileges by providing consulting services to small businesses for six weeks without breaking the bank.
ESSA is now in its 16th year. The ESSA programme is a joint partnership between University of the Western Cape, University of Florida, University of Colorado and Texas A&M University Faculty and advanced students from these universities will be conducting the ESSA 2016 programme in Cape Town from 12 June to 22 July 2016.
ESSA provides 6 weeks of hands on consulting and problem-solving mentorship at no cost to qualifying entrepreneurs. The programme aims:
- To maximize business growth
- To improve infrastructure
- Action plans in order to improve their business operations.
- Participants to gain experience from the business consulting and mentoring provided
The businesses can qualify by meeting the following criteria and requirements:
- In business for at least one year, preferably two
- The business must be 51 % owned and operated by a Historically Disadvantaged Individual (HDI) entrepreneur
- Must have at least 2 employees
- Willing to share business information (access to accounting & financial records)
- Passion to grow your business – will pursue it even if offered a good job
- Commitment to the programme dates and availability to meet with the student consultants at least twice a week for during this period.
- Business to be based in the Cape Town region
- Have all the business compliance documents
To be considered for this opportunity and be 1 of the 16 selected businesses, please complete and return the ESSA 2016 Application Form by 17:00 on the 5th June 2016 to email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an in-person interview session in early June 2016 as part of the selection process.