Tomorrow is Halloween! Oh yes, and this is a great opportunity to feel like a kid again. But you know what? It’s also a great opportunity to spread some awareness online. Halloween is no longer just about candy, scary masks and spooky stories. It’s an occasion just like Valentine’s Day or April Fools which means you can use it to promote your company. There are a lot of things you can do to celebrate Halloween but I’m going to give you some tips on celebrating Halloween online. Here is a short summary of what you can do at the office:
– Costumes: Have employees dress up or just add a prop to their day-to-day outfits like carrying around a mannequin or doll’s head or attaching a fake knife on your back.
– Party: Even though this is the obvious choice, you should make an effort to celebrate Halloween in some way or another. Besides, it’s always a good idea to promote teamwork and boost office morale.
The next step is to spread your office celebrations online. I’m talking about a few simple ways to show people online that your company is more than just work, work, work. You can have fun too! How do you do this? Here’s a list of what you can do:
– Write a blog post about the office party, or employees dressing up. Write about how your office spent Halloween. Did anyone have to stay late at the office on Halloween night? Was someone pranked? Use your imagination.
– If you have a newsletter you should add Halloween in it. People always enjoy seeing the fun side of a business as well as the professional side.
– Personalize your social profiles and website or blog. You don’t have to spend hours on something like this. It can be something as small as adding a pumpkin in your Twitter profile picture or adding cobwebs on your website. This is easy to do on blogs and social networks so if you don’t want to spend too much time on this you can just focus on your social networks. That will be enough. Check out the image below to see what Google has done over the years for Halloween.
Encourage Halloween celebrations in the Office and tell your employees that you would like to make use of photos and videos and they will start doing things on their own. This will encourage a positive company culture which employees look forward to and feel a part of. Things that happen unplanned are of great value so keep your eyes open for any spooky activity in the office.